Brand name: Meridia
Other Brand name: Reductil
Generic name: Sibutramine
Meridia is used in the treatment of obesity. It is a prescription based appetite suppressant that increases the activity of the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain. When taking Meridia, a patient should also reduce his diet and work out to lose weight faster. This helps because lesser calories are consumed and the amount that is more than required wears off with exercise.
The medicine can be used for more than 12 months to reduce weight permanently.
Method of Action
Meridia helps you feel full sooner because it helps release hormones responsible to make you feel satiated more rapidly. These hormones in turn convey the message to your brain, which takes this as a signal that you are full.
Thus, you end up eating less amount of food and gaining fewer calories.
Meridia is generally packed as 10 mg and 15 mg tablets.
It is usually taken as a dose of 10 mg each morning regardless of whether you have eaten anything or not. If you miss a dose, do not take two tablets, but continue with the regular dose next day. If results are not achieved with this, the dose may be increased to that of a 15 mg tablet.
Meridia Do’s and Don’ts
- When on Meridia, you should exercise and maintain a healthy diet to achieve faster results. Eating excessively and not being physically active to a certain level will counter the effect you are trying to achieve with this drug.
- Do not use any extra supplements when on Meridia. A normal balanced diet has all the nutrients you need to lose weight without any side effects.
- You should consider your BMI before taking Meridia. For people with Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or higher (classified as obese) before the treatment and people with BMI 27 and higher (classified as overweight) having a significant risk of high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol, this treatment is recommended.
- Alcohol has high amount of calories. Hence, it is not recommended during treatment.
- Make sure to report a case of overdose by accident to your physician. Overdose by someone with a heart disease can be particularly harmful.
Meridia Side Effects
Meridia can affect heart rate and increase blood pressure in obese people. People already exposed to these problems should refrain from using it. People may also suffer from constipation, insomnia, light-headedness nausea, breathing problems, depression, fever, etc., while taking this drug.
Buy Meridia online to help you lose weight. Meridia is an appetite suppressant, which taken with exercise can help you lose weight.